Basic Classroom Rules, Expectations, and Policies
Class Rules and Expectations
1. Be Prepared
2. Be Respectful
3. Be Responsible
These will be determined on a case by case basis and will be related, respectful and reasonable. All handbook policies apply.
1. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to come to me for make- up work and an absent slip (Amy). Assignments are due within 48 hours from the time you return.
2. Late homework will be given only 50% of points earned for the first day late and no credit afterward. Tests are allowed three school days, unless by other arrangements with me
3. Other decisions may be instituted periodically for the benefit of the learning environment.
The four surefire rules for success in the classroom
1. Show up
2. Pay attention
3. Ask well thought out questions
4. Don’t quit-once you do It will be difficult for me to help you
Hall pass credit policy
You(students) get three hall pass credits for the quarter. If you use all of these during the quarter and need to leave for another restroom or locker visit, you will be required to make up 15 minutes of time with me before or after school for each occurrence. This will be at my convenience not yours. At the end of the quarter, each pass that you have left over will be worth 5 points each, not 5 percentage points.
****If you lose them, too bad. They are your responsibility, not mine.
Grading scale that is utilized in block classes
Note: I DO NOT WEIGHT GRADES UNTIL THE FINAL GRADE-….A 20 POINT QUIZ IS AS VALUABLE AS A 20 POINT WORKSHEET!
100-90% A to A-
89-80% B+ to B-
79-70% C+ to C-
69-60% D+ to D-
59 or below sorry!!!!!
-the board has directed teachers to weigh final grades 80-20, which means that all course work is 80% of a final grade and then the final exam, project, or performance accounts for 20%.
-“Skinny” classes will deviate occasionally from what is done in the block classes. ALL students involved will be completely informed and involved in this process!